The Metropolitan Black Police Association (MetBPA) endeavours to improve the working environment of black personnel within the Metropolitan Police Service. The Association is also committed to enhancing the quality of service to the black communities of London and thus helping to improve overall police service delivery to the people of London.
This aim will be achieved by:
- Providing a support network for black staff
- Working towards improved relations between the police and the black community
- Working with London’s black youth to create young leaders and role models.
- Assisting recruitment and reducing staff wastage
- Proactively assist in the development and enhancement of MPS policy and strategyProviding a social network
- Working more closely with other staff associations and unions
Definition of Black
The term black does not relate to skin colour but is used to describe all people of African, African Caribbean or Asian origin.